Friday, July 20, 2012

What is Hereditary Breast Cancer? What are the symptoms and causes of it


What is Hereditary Breast Cancer? What are the symptoms and causes of it?
I don't want information on breast cancer. It needs to be HEREDITARY breast cancer.
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Approximately 5 to 10 percent of breast cancers are due to heredity. The majority of women with breast cancer have no known significant family history or other known risk factors. The National Institute of Health's National Human Genome Research Institute has a very thorough website concerning hereditary breast cancer which I've sourced for you below.
2 :
you can actually get tested for a certain gene in your body. The test does take a couple of weeks to get back but if you carry that gene you have a high risk of getting breast cancer. I am waiting for my test to come back on that. I have been diagnosed with Stage 3B Breast cancer and if it comes back that I carry that gene I will get both breasts removed. The chance of recurrence after you have already had breast cancer and then you carry the gene or very very high.



Read more discussions :