Thursday, February 28, 2008

National Breast Cancer Month,How are you contributing or donating to the cause


National Breast Cancer Month,How are you contributing or donating to the cause?
Some people donate and contribute in diffrent ways. Whether its a monatary donation or a walk for the cure, everybody can do a small part to help such a devastating illness. If you know someone that have breast cancer, kind words or calling frequently to check up on them to see how they are doing is doing a big part, of helping women or even men because they get breast cancer to, but mostly women to fight breast cancer. They need encouragment to know that somebodys in their corner helping and cheering them on, as they agree to fight this instead of giving up. Dealing with any illness is tiring. But with encouragment and caring, we can help these women beat this illness and get on with their lives.
Cancer - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I already feel that breast cancer has enough research, donations, and attention devoted to the disease. I certainly do not wish this disease on anyone, but truthfully I have a son with a childhood cancer which receives no research funding at all. He has been battling his disease for two years and there are no more treatment options for him, not because he is too sick . . but because there is no funding and no research. His life is at risk directly because of that lack of research. And, unfortunately, the reality is because other cancers, such as breast cancer, have already taken from the public those research dollars that might have been used for sarcoma or other cancers. I wish no ill on anyone . . but I feel that the current empasis on breast cancer is starting to harm other types of cancer research . . young adults with sarcoma are dying. they do not have access to support, or ribbons, or the public eye because they die before anyone can organize anything. That is the reality that we face, so I cannot 'support' a breast cancer month as long as their are inequalities in funding research. I do support and wish only the best to those women fighting breast cancer as individuals . .I just won't financially support an organization that I feel is beginning to harm other types of cancer research.
2 :
I think that breast cancer is one of the most supported diseases in North America, in publicity, support and fundraising. You can apply the comments in the question to a number of diseases and I thank you for writing them. But I am currently supporting other cancer research and I am discouraged by the extended commercial aspects of breast cancer awareness from changing my priorities.
3 :
Well i am definitely against breast cancer and all other types of cancer, i have decided to go find out about volunteering my time at the Cancer Society, cause i do want to help others, i have experienced a type of cancer and i know what it is like to go through this disease, and having ppl around and caring for you or just talking to you and encouraging definitely helps out, so i am willing to make that step to help others and yeah i no go on walks and stuff against cancer.
4 :
Both my sister and sister-in-law are breast cancer survivors. I will support it this year by donating money to a relative who is walking in "The Cure" 5k. My employer sponsors a fashion show with models who are breast cancer survivors, have lost someone to breast cancer or are fighting it themselves. I support this by buying a table to the show so several women who couldn't have attended due to finances can attend. The show is preceded by speakers discussing the illness and new research findings that will hopefully lead to a cure some day. All cancer needs support. Being a male, I would like to see greater support for Prostate Cancer research. My father is 84 years old and is a 22 year prostate cancer survivor. Colon cancer also needs increased support.
5 :
Our church is beginning to promote a one day course in how to best meet the needs of those going through this devastating illness. (Cancer not just breast cancer) I believe we will learn strategies in ministering to the spiritual, physical, mental and emotional needs of not only the person directly suffering, but also family members who are traveling that rough road. My mother and 3 aunties succumbed to this and I spent years being very angry with the Cancer Society for their seeming lack of motivation to fix this. I contributed money, but I quit. I had a very pessimistic outlook on it. I am still not enthused about giving money where I am concerned it is ill spent



 Read more discussions :