Friday, March 16, 2012

How did you deal with the nights between the time from being diagnosed to the surgery for breast cancer


How did you deal with the nights between the time from being diagnosed to the surgery for breast cancer?
I just turned 37 and found out Tuesday that I have breast cancer, I was currently nursing a 7 1/2 month old baby. I find the hardest time to deal with it at night. What did you do while you were waiting for surgery? I learned that it is stage 3.
Cancer - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I've had struggles in my life but never the long drawn out proccess your having to go through. I bet as a fellow vet that your like me and you just want to face the enemy now and fight, but yours is a longer struggle. I want you to know that, although I don't know what it's like to deal with cancer, there is not a shred of doubt in my mind that the God who reached down, when a mortar round landed and rolled up next to me, and kept it from exploding, is the same God that can help you through this. Many people don't understand how christians can love each other even if they don't know them intimately. I also want you to know that, I love you, I'm praying for you, and I believe in you.
2 :
I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis.You will be in my thoughts and prayers. As hard as it may be, try to think positive and be strong. ( I know it is easier said than done) God Bless you and your baby
3 :
I am so sorry to hear that. You might find some interesting views on this from Dr. Mercola and Dr. Douglass. Please google them.
4 :
Honestly (not to upset you further but its the truth) It took me two years to be able to sleep again. I have small children and I had to take Tylenol PM every night for almost 2 years to sleep. I also drank wine every night during that time afte rmy kids went to bed. Some people have luck with brain teasers, crosswords,sudoku to get their mind busy and not to focus on reality. I also got into netflix and bought tivo so I had something to watch when I couldn't sleep.
5 :
I'm sorry to hear you've been diagnosed with breast cancer, especially at such a young age and with a young baby. I have had stage 3 breast cancer, and even I can't imagine how difficult this is for you. I know what you mean about those dark days following diagnosis and before surgery, when you don't recognise the world any more. And I can't really help, because I didn't handle it well myself, I spent sleepless nights and a lot of time crying. I can only suggest two things. One is that you ask at the hospital if they can put you in touch with someone else who has been through this, and meet up with them to discuss any and everything. This is what I did, and it helped a little - she had had her surgery a month or so previously, and was able to give me information and reassure me about the actual procedure itself. The other is online forums; I don't know how I would have got through those awful days without them. You can talk to other people who've been through breast cancer or who are at the same stage as you are. You'll find you're not usually the only one using them if you go on there late at night when you can't sleep. Try the forums on these two sites; I think they both have a board especially for young women with breast cancer too http://www.breastcancer.org http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk Best wishes to you at this very difficult time
6 :
I finally found someone in the same stage as me. I am Stage 3B breast cancer. I am not going to lie to you and tell you that it is all going to be rosey and things are so easy. It is one of the hardest things that I have ever done. I did my chemo first due to the tumor attaching itself to my chest wall. Thank goodness it has come unattached and my surgery is scheduled for March 25th. I am actually excited because the cancer is finally going to be out of my body (atleast for the time being) I was really nervous between surgeries. Try not to do to much research on the internet and if you must don't get frightened by the statistics that they have. Statistics are meant to be broken. Keep your head up and if you need any more info. I would be glad to help. I just finished my chemo and then surgery then 6 weeks radiation. Remember to take your pills even if you do not feel nauseated because if you don't you will be laid up. Another thing you should check into is your local American Cancer Society they have a class called Look Good Feel Better and they teach you how to apply the make up especially if you are on the chemo that cause your eyebrows and your eyelashes to fall out. They offer free wigs and all that it is really worth it. You can contact me with any questions you might have or if you just need to vent. Thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.`



Read more discussions :