Monday, June 16, 2008

What are the chances of a 13 year old girl having breast cancer


What are the chances of a 13 year old girl having breast cancer?
I am 13 and will be 14 in exactly 20 days. I am above average as far as my chest size. For the past few days, I have been experiencing some very bad pain in one of my breasts. I have talked to my mom about it, but she said it may just be a briuse from working out in P.E. She told me that if the pain persists, she will set up a doctor's appointment. Niether one of us has open expressed the possibility of it being breast cancer but I have thought about it. Maybe I am just ill informed as to what breast cancer is and I shouldn't be worrying, please help.
Women's Health - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Given that your breasts are growing right now, the pain you're feeling is probably perfectly normal. I'm glad your mom set up an appointment, though. I think it's always better to be safe than sorry. The chances of you having breast cancer at your age are very, very, very slim. So slim that, if you were my daughter, I wouldn't be worried about it one bit. I hope that helps and "Happy Birthday".
2 :
I think breast cancer is really unlikely, especially if you don't have any lumps. Since you're still growing, it might be pain from that. I remember mine being very sore at times. I think you should go to the Dr. soon if it really hurts to rule out any problems. Did you injure it in PE? Hope it feels better soon.
3 :
I'm a few years older than you- and I get that too. It's weird, but probably normal. I wouldn't worry about breast cancer! Happy Birthday in 20 Days



 Read more discussions :