Monday, May 12, 2008

I'm doing a breast cancer benefit for the first time ever at my school, How do I get the community involved


I'm doing a breast cancer benefit for the first time ever at my school, How do I get the community involved?
I'm student council president at my school and I want to hold a huge breast cancer benefit in our auditourium. I have ordered keychains, tattoos, ribbons, tableclothes, balloons, and all sort of little things. We're going to sell pink cookies and cupcakes and have an actual breast cancer survivor speak. How can I get our community involved so that we have a huge turn out?
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If there is some sort of media outlet, such as a newspaper or website, announce it via there. Be sure to mention that there will be food, fun, and goodies. Make each individual believe that they are really part of finding the cure! Tell them that they will be able to tell their kids/grandkids that they helped cure breast cancer. Good for you for holding this benefit!
2 :
I would add a page to your school website. You could put a pink ribbon on the school's home page and link it to your campaign page. You could hand out flyers or invitations as well. Here are some links to free pink ribbon clip art. You can use these on your school website, invitations, flyers or anything else. Good Luck :) http://www.pinkribbonparade.com/breast-cancer-awareness-free-pink-ribbon-clip-art http://hubpages.com/hub/-Free-Pink-Ribbon-Clipart



Read more discussions :