Tuesday, April 1, 2008

How long can a woman with breast cancer live after the cancer has metastasized


How long can a woman with breast cancer live after the cancer has metastasized?
My friend has had breast cancer for many years. It is spreading everywhere. It is now in her liver. How long can she live for?
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I'm a guy and I have breast cancer to (metastised into the bones so far). When it starts hitting the major organs like it's doing to her now (liver, kidneys etc) then it's only a matter of a short time before she'll probably pass on. By saying short I mean probably within a year. I'm no dr and mine is spreading as well but so far it's not hit any organs yet (I've had it for nearly 8.5 years diagnosed just 2 years ago though...long story). Just be there for her and comfort her in any way you can, sometimes by just listening to what she has to say and not saying anything. Take care
2 :
This is not a cut and dried question. It depends on the type of underlying cancer (there is more than 1 type of breast cancer), where it has metastasized to, and how treatable it is in those locations. I am sad to say that your friends case does not sound promising, however I had an aunt who survived 40 years after metastasis of breast cancer!!!!! Healthy for the majority of that time!
3 :
my sister had breast cancer and metastazied to lymnods...its been 4 yrs.soo far she had staged 3



 Read more discussions :