Monday, July 28, 2008

How likely is it for a teen to get breast cancer


How likely is it for a teen to get breast cancer?
My name is Jessica and I am 18 years old. I felt a lump on my breast and I got it checked out. Turns out it is a tumor. The doctors aren't sure if it is cancerous of not. I know that the chance of it being cancerous is very slim but I would like to know what the actual percentages of a person my age to actually have breast cancer. I'll take anything I can possibly get! Thanks guys!
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I am the same age as you and I also have a lump in my breast. The doctors say it could be just a cist but Im going soon to get it checked out again because I have to. My doctor also told me that the chances of it being cancerous is slim becaiuse of our age. I think that we are suppose to get regular check ups Good luck I hope that everything goes well with you
2 :
It's very unlikely. Breast cancer is largely a disease of ageing - 80 of those diagnosed are over 50, and it's rare in women under 40. Cancer Research UK puts the risk of being diagnosed up to the age of 25 at one in 15,000. A respected YA user who is a cancer registrar has given these figures in response to similar questions: from 1975 to 2000: incidence of breast cancer in 15- to 19-year-olds was 1.3 in every 1,000,000. I hope things turn out well for you
3 :
the percentage for teenagers getting breast cancer is less than one percent, it is so small that it is a percentage of one percent. it is minoscule.. you have absolutely nothing to worry about. i have had a tumour in my breast since i was 8years old.. it is nothing!!!!!!
4 :
Probability of Developing Breast Cancer Within the Next 10 years By age 20 : 1 out of 1,985 By age 30 : 1 out of 229 By age 40 : 1 out of 68 By age 50 : 1 out of 37 By age 60 : 1 out of 26 By age 70 : 1 out of 24 Lifetime : 1 out of 8


 Read more discussions :