Wednesday, April 8, 2009

breast cancer


breast cancer??
i am 16 and i think i may have breast cancer. im not really sure though so any help and suggestions will do. my nanna had breast cancer. i dont feel any lumps but my breasts are sore constantly, one of my breasts is bigger than the other and one is a different shape and one of my nipples is massive compared to the other. maybe i just have wierd breasts. no stupid comments thanks, this is serious for me but i have noone to talk to about it and i want help here first before going to the doctors cos my doctors is terrible and i hate going there. thanks xxx
Cancer - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hi, Pl. do not worry. You are too young for breast cancer normally this happen after the age of 40. The symptoms you mentioned are not the symptoms of breast cancer.
2 :
i don't know what these symptoms are. And i dont know more about that. what i know i will share it with you. Studies have proved that use of black color bra should be avoided.Since black absorbs heat . And this may result in cancer. Anyway take care. Consulting doctor will be better in my opinion.
3 :
I've had breast cancer at the age of 33.Please, don't look for advice on the net, your better off confiding in a doctor.Nobodies breasts are identical. Take a friend or relative long to see your doctor or the practice nurse.I'm sure they will put your mind at rest. At 16 your hormones are going mad, and soreness of the breasts is all part of it I'm afraid. It's good to be aware of what is normal for you, and any sudden changes in the breast should be taken seriously. I'm sure your fine, but have a professional give you advice.x
4 :
Really, you are too young for breast cancer!
5 :
you will find most woman have one breast different to the other this is not uncommon bt if i was you i would still get it checked out just to be on the safe side
6 :
As women undergo puberty, one breast typically begins to develop earlier than the other one. It may take a few years for them to "even out" though, even at full maturation, there may be detectable differences between the two. You are young to develop breast cancer. Once the breasts become fully mature and have a longer exposure to estrogen do the full risks of cancer begin to appear. Still, it's important that your doctor is aware of your family history and begin age-appropriate screening with mammography.
7 :
you shouldn't worry...I had that same problem when I was 16.
8 :
NO OFFENSE Dr Mojo, but you're mentality is the same reason why other drs did not diagnose my cancer earlier. I had a lump when I was 25 (3 yrs ago)and all the drs told me it was a cyst and not to worry. It wasn't until it blew up 3 times the size in a matter of months that I finally realized something was not right and went for a mammogram. If you really ARE a dr, please do not blow off any young ladies that come to you with a lump. All it takes is a mammogram. I could have been diagnosed with DCIS yrs ago but by the time I caught it, it was invasive.
9 :
It is very common for a young person to have breasts that develop at different rates. As you continue to grow, the smaller one will "catch up" to the larger one, and you will be more balanced. But even as an adult, most of the time one breast is at least slightly bigger than the other. But you should still go to the doctor if you are at all concerned. Hearing what I just told you from a medical professional will set your mind at ease, and make you feel much better. The chances of your having breast cancer at your age are pretty close to zero, even if others in your family have had it.



 Read more discussions :