Thursday, August 16, 2012

Best Breast Cancer Center in Philadelphia or Baltimore


Best Breast Cancer Center in Philadelphia or Baltimore?
I was just diagnosed with breast cancer & live in the MD/DE/PA area and would like to find the best cancer center in the area. I know there are quite a few in Baltimore & Philly and have no clue where to go? Also wondering the difference between a Cancer Center & a Comprehensive Cancer Center?
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Obviously the "big gun" here is Johns Hopkins. They are a comprehensive cancer center and one of the top hospitals in the country. With that said, I chose not to be treated there. It is a large teaching hospital. Its reputation is that you are treated like a number. I have known women who WORK at Hopkins who chose to be treated elsewhere. I can wholeheartedly recommend Greater Baltimore Medical Center for treatment. They actually treat more breast cancer patients than Hopkins. Their oncology staff is excellent. Truly first class. They will use the latest protocols and they treat you like you matter. You will feel safe and cared for as a person. I would trust any of their oncologists to treat me (but of course, I like my own best of all ...).
2 :
gbmc is a great place in baltimore my grand mother went there she lived 20 years fighting breast cancer



Read more discussions :