Thursday, August 28, 2008

How do you deal with your sister having breast cancer in both of her breasts


How do you deal with your sister having breast cancer in both of her breasts?
My sister has breast cancer in both of her breasts. It is not the kind that gives you lumps. but the masses. It does't look good. More tests will be done. but how can I deal with the fact that she could be gone in 6 months? My mother had breast cancer but was able to get it before it got her. So more then likely I will get it too. Cancer is so ugly and such a hurtful disease. Don't know how to deal with it. I am fully aware that it doesn't necessarily mean death in 6 months, I just meant that it was a possiblity it could of happened in the near future. Thanks for all your support and answers. My sister is going to be okay. She had some more tests run, and she doesn't have it thank God. She has cystic tumours in both of her breast but they are not cancerous at this point. So all is well, and thanks God she will be okay. Thanks everyone for you wonderful answers and support at this time of worry.
Women's Health - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I am very sorry. I hope that your sister will be ok. Maybe there is a support group you can join.
2 :
Look not at the cancer, but at your sister. Enjoy the time that you have, had, and will have. Life is fragile and fleeting. Enjoy what you have while you have it, as tomorrow is never certain. It will be sad when she goes (whether that's early from cancer, or later from natural causes), but that doesn't mean that you should dwell on that now. Grieve when the time comes, not now.
3 :
i am so sorry about your sister that best advice i can give you is to be with her all the time you can and show her you are there to support her it will mean alot
4 :
My heart goes out to you and your sister. First, try to stay positive and strong, dance, laugh, pray, watch sad movies so you can cry your eyes out. Do what has always made you happy (even if you have to force yourself) and your brain and heart will follow. Spend time with your family, talk, share. Get regular testing, I am a survivor, it works. I feel that information impowers, research helps. There are also wonderful support groups to help with coping. Hang in there, you'll make it. ~Peace~
5 :
I'm really sorry about you sister. But breast cancer doesn't mean death in 6 months. By the way I'm a senior medical student. Here's a very important thing they always tell us..The most aggressive cancers are the most cancers likely to resolve spontaneously. I think your sister needs all the psycological support rather than medical support... But always stick to that very little hope there is..You can try joining this forum at youngbreastcancer.blogspot.com and I'll try to answer any questions in more details..



 Read more discussions :