Thursday, December 4, 2008

What is the earliest age for breast cancer


What is the earliest age for breast cancer?
What I mean by this is that I checked my right breast last night and my nipple looked weird to me. Right on my nipple (the lower part) looked like a bump. I felt it and It did kinda feel like a bump. Do you think is may be cancer?
Women's Health - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It's always hard to tell. They really don't know how old you have to be to get cancer. If it concerns you, see a doc. That's your best bet. I would rather go and have them tell me it's nothing than to go later when it's much worse and have them yell at me for not coming in sooner.
2 :
Its VERY good that you check yourself. It doesn't mean that the lump is cancer. It can be a cyst. I have them and it scared me to death when I first found it. Just got to the dr. to be sure. I've read that woman as young as late twenties get breast cancer now.
3 :
If anything looks strange you should always just go to the doctor. Never mess around with anything that looks questionable. It could be absolutely nothing and in that case if it is then your doctor can tell you what you should be looking for. I'm not sure how old you are but I have heard of a 19 year old girl having breast cancer but as far as I know that is pretty rare. I had a scare a couple of years ago when I found a lump and had to go through surgury to have it removed. So I understand it can be a scary thing but just to ease your mind go to the doctor and get checked out.
4 :
There is really no age limit as even men can get breast cancer. If you do have a bump, share it with your mother and ask her to make an appointment to see a doctor to make sure. Most of the time, it turns out to be nothing, but on the few chances that it might, getting to it early is the best medicine.
5 :
i beleive the youngest age of someoen with breast cancer is 14


 Read more discussions :