Monday, July 4, 2011

Is there an explanation for breast pains that hopefully doesn't mean cancer


Is there an explanation for breast pains that hopefully doesn't mean cancer?
I'll just be sitting around and I'll get shooting pain in my breasts. I'm worried because there's a strong history of breast cancer in my family. I want to get it checked out and perhaps a mammogram but my doctor thinks I'm too young to worry about it. Is there another reason for these pains? Could I just be jumping to conclusions about cancer because I'm paranoid?
Women's Health - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
how old are you? maybe they're growing! :) that's always nice. or, pay attention if it happens around the time you're on your period. that usually makes your breasts more sore/painful. so as far as cancer goes, no, you're probably fine. breast cancer usually starts out as a lump, so if you feel one, then i would definitely get it checked out by your doctor. but, if he/she seems to think there's nothing to worry about, then i would believe them. :)
2 :
sometimes it's stress. or sometimes you are growing or if you're already an adult it could mean the muscle structure around your chest is changing...possibly sagging? no offense.
3 :
breast cancer doesn't hurt and usually won't show up until your thirty, so i'm going to so no, not cancer. 1- they are growing 2- you are stressed 3- it's just a random pain. no biggie.





Read more discussions :