Sunday, September 16, 2012

What should I get my mom (who is battling breast cancer) for Christmas


What should I get my mom (who is battling breast cancer) for Christmas?
Okay, I just don't know what to get her. Should I get her something that is Pink to go along with the breast cancer theme, or something else that doesn't have anything to do with that, I just don't know????? HELP! She found out in late August and is enduring 16 weeks of Chemo then 4 weeks of radiation with a treatment everyday for the radiation, then possibly a hormone treatment after all that! I love her more everyday. She has had an incredibly optimistic personality, even after a full removal of her right breast. Please, if you have any ideas they would all be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Women's Health - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
go to a novelty gift store and get her one of those "stress relieve balls" that looks like a breast, with a nipple on it even. if she's as optimistic as you say, she'll get a kick out of it.
2 :
How about a spa day? She probably doesn't feel too beautiful right now, so this might help her to feel more human again. Manicure, pedicure, facial, massage-- works for me!
3 :
I'd say get something little that has something to do with cancer but I would also get her something that is very far away from the situation, something that will make her forget. I change my mind, I think you should get her something that has nothing to do with her illness and when shes done her Chemo get her something that says "I defeated it!" Hope it all goes well! Give her a big hug for me!
4 :
Something to make her feel pretty...yes, pink is just fine. Best wishes.
5 :
She has probably lost all her hair right about now. And I mean eyebrows included. So a selection of hats and wigs would be very welcome as would a day at a spa. Also during radiation there is some skin breakdown and weeping so some soft cotton tshirts and sport brassieres would be great.
6 :
get her like diamonds or a day at the spa or sumting fun.
7 :
Tell her how much you love her first, she needs family like you I would think that's the most important gift of all, ask her what she would like maybe there's a special place she would like to go maybe a movie or out to eat and the to of you bond, maybe a family portrait, gift card to her favorite store, a beautiful piece of jewelry a heart don't have to be expensive it's the thought that counts. I wouldn't do the pink thing she needs a day without thinking of that even though it's hard for everyone. good luck I will pray for you all.



Read more discussions :