Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Can having a bump on you nipple mean you have breast cancer


Can having a bump on you nipple mean you have breast cancer?
My best friend, she's 13, she's told me she's afraid of having breast cancer because she has a little by her nipple. She's freaking out and she doesn't want to tell her mom, but i keep telling her to tell her mom. She doesn't know if its breast cancer or at least a symptom of breast cancer. Can someone help me explain to her? I have no idea if it is or not. Please & Thank you so much!
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Probably not. Cancerous lumps are not hard, they feel more like a filled water balloon and are inside the fatty layer, not on the surface. Bumps there are normal, especially during development. I got them, my doctor told me that they would eventually be where the milk comes out.
2 :
It's not. Breast cancer lumps are very hard, like little marbles under your skin. I know exactly what you're talking about, I have them too. It's just one of those things that makes everyone different.
3 :
only thing to say is to go to dr more than likely its not cancer maybe a swollen gland she has to tell her mom cuz she in a minor and cant go to the dr by herself
4 :
Your friend probably has nothing to worry about, but here is an extensive list of breast cancer signs - go over it together and I hope it will relax your friend: http://the-cancer-disease.com/breast-cancer-treatments/symptoms-of-breast-cancer





Read more discussions :