Saturday, May 8, 2010

What is it like to live with breast cancer


What is it like to live with breast cancer?
I have to write a report on breast cancer and we have to include what our lives would be like if we had the disease and i have no clue and the internet doesn't help much.
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It all depends on which stage of Breast Cancer you have. For instance, I am at a stage 1, with no involvement in the lymph nodes. Nothing has changed for me, I am living a "Normal Life" with the exception of having to go for Daily Radiation Treatments. Other than that, I am fine. I can not, or shall I say "Will Not", let Cancer get in my way of Living my life to it's fullest.
2 :
I had stage 3 breast cancer. Treatment sucked and for 6 months I felt pretty crook, but other than that there has been little change to my life. I took 2 weeks leave to recover from surgery, and 3 days a month to attend chemo for 6 months and fitted radiation treatment in before or after work daily for 5 weeks. I have regular follow up visits that have slowly tapered off to annual visits and that is all.
3 :
For some people breast cancer can be life changing. Certain chemotherapy drugs can cause permanent heart (congestive heart failure) or nerve damage. Sometimes married women end up getting divorced as their husbands can't cope, or their marriage was already on the rocks. However, most people are able to take it in stride and go on with their lives without much lasting side effects. I am coming up on my 6 year anniversary of being diagnosed. I had surgery, chemo and radiation. Because I opted for a lumpectomy without any reconstructive surgery, one breast is smaller than the other and the scar caused lasting numbness in that breast. Someone once described chemo treatment as being similar to being pregnant, you get nauseous, tired, moody, constipated and nine months later you have a bald headed baby. If you want some more first hand experiences, check out Avon-3 Day or Susan Komen web site.






 Read more discussions :