Thursday, April 8, 2010

When triple negative breast cancer spreads to the liver what are the chances of survival


When triple negative breast cancer spreads to the liver what are the chances of survival?
My friend was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer that spread to her liver, after a year of chemo (not consistent, she has low blood platelets so they had to get a grip on that first) she went for a body scan..the tumor in her liver grew 2 cm and they found two more small spots in her stomach. I am in denial I know, but what are her chances of actually beating this? I am researching, but I really can't find ANY hopeful news. Is there any?
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I wish I could give you some good news, but liver cancer is very hard to beat. I lost my cousin to this as a primary cancer and have lost several friends and family when it has spread to the liver.
2 :
I'm sorry to say, but the survival-rate at this point is only at ~10-15 % It's kinda difficult to measure survival-rates with cancer since it's also time-based. If she got diagnosed with it very recently, I'd say she has about 5 years left. Unless of course, she beats it. Tell her to keep fighting. ^^
3 :
Metastatic breast cancer is not curable even if it is not a triple negative. However, breasts cancers that are hormone receptor positive are much better managed. The median survival for your friend̢۪s cancer is 2-3 years. I̢۪m very sorry.






 Read more discussions :