Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How long do people with breast cancer live


How long do people with breast cancer live?
My aunt has breast cancer and she had her breast remove . she is now on kemo . Do u think she will be ok. I am very worried for her.
Cancer - 15 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
she should be fine, but there might be a slight chance she dosent
2 :
i have survived 7 1/2 years now, best of luck to your aunt, she should be fine.
3 :
just have hope and if she gets rid of the cancer she will live a long time
4 :
She could live out a normal life span ... There are a *LOT* of breast cancer survivors out there, and getting more plentiful every minute.
5 :
My father had a full mastectomy and lived another 25 years - died of a heart attack, not a cancer related illness. I hope your aunt has an equally good outcome, good luck to her. http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/
6 :
Depends on the type of cancer it is and what stage it's in. Stage 4 is very bad. So I'll hope it's a stage 1. Try WebMD.com for info too. an x-ray tech
7 :
There is not an answer for your question. We do not know her prognosis. If the operation was successful and the chemo works she can live a normal life. Her family will worry anytime one of their loved ones has a serious disease. You can not help this feeling. You can try to help her and the other members to cope, by being supportive and doing things for her. She will not feel well for a week or so after each treatment. Just remember that we will all die and we usually do not know when, so it is a good idea to live each day and not neglect our loved ones.
8 :
she will be fine if she wants to be. my mom had leukemia twice and she is still rocking, more than ever maybe.
9 :
My wife is going on 12 years now.
10 :
Longevity in cancer depends on so many factors no one can tell you "how long you're going to live" and if they do, run for the door! I had a very serious kind of brain tumor in 1997. In fact, it was a recurrence of one I'd had six years prior only it had mutated into something terribly aggressive. I never asked that question. I wouldn't have accepted the answer anyway. I have survived against tremendous odds only because I never gave up on living. Have your aunt read this book: Love, Medicine and Miracles by Bernie Siegel, M.D. It gave me a lot to think about and a lot of hope when I needed it.
11 :
Survival is an individual issue. Cancer is not the death sentence it was years ago. More and more people are surviving for longer periods of time. Breast cancer is a disease in which there is now an abundance of research and available treatment. But no one can really answer this question. Much will depend on your aunt and whether the cancer has responded well to treatment. Best to you.
12 :
I had breast cancer twenty years ago. Fortunately mine was stage one. I think president Ford's wife Betty had breast cancer about the same time I did and hers was already in her lymph nodes. I had watched most of my friends die horrible deaths after taking chemo and radiation so I decided not to take any of it. That was just my personal choice. I had a mastectomy and then hit the library for hours and hours of research. Computers weren't readily available back then. Since my cancer was hormone sensitive I avoid all things that may increase hormones. I never take a new herb without asking a pharmacist if it has hormone activity. I won't use any dairy products that come from cows that have been treated with BGH. I'm still constantly watching everything I can, and trying to stay alive. Tell your aunt to keep researching. I wish her well.
13 :
If she's lucky enough not to have a recurrence. She'l live a long time. She may die of something else then cancer.
14 :
Survival of a Cancer patient depends on various factors. It is not that Cancer means death. Few years back Cancer was a very deadly disease and not in US along due to increase in the disease the Government and voluntary orgnisations have spent Billions of dollars in research and new treatment methods, by which the surviving or treated patients live for longer period of time. But it is really difficult to answer your question or tell how long the patient will live. Much depends on the patients condition and how she has responded to the treatment given to her. She should have regular and periodical check ups by her Oncologist to evaluate the position and God willing she can live for many more year to come. However we can not take chances and treatments should continue as CANCER IS STILL AN ENIGMA -
15 :
breast cancer has a large success rate. I had it 5 yrs ago.






Read more discussions :