Monday, February 8, 2010

What activities can I do at a sorority party for Breast Cancer Research


What activities can I do at a sorority party for Breast Cancer Research?
My sorority would like to hold a college party for Breast Cancer Research. We want the activities to be fun (such as shirts/banners like Save the Boobies) to appeal to college kids and really get a good donation. Ideas I've had are "Pretty in Pink" theme, selling pink shot glasses, doing tye dye with Pink and Red tye dye colors. What else can we do?
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't have party ideas for you. However, I'd like to ask that you consider joining Army of Women and keeping their information handy for your sorority sisters and other college kids. www.ArmyofWomen.org You could contact them and ask them for ideas as well. They may even be interested in helping to sponsor/host a formal event for you guys also. You never know until you contact them. :)
2 :
I like the new breast cancer slogans..."fight like a girl"..that's cute.
3 :
When I was going to college there was a fund raising benefit for a student that needed money for hospital bills and they decided to have a Texas Hold-em Tourney with a lot of money going to the student that needed the financial help. There were volunteer dealers, and they used a part of the college that was closed on the weekend for a big room. I think they paid three places and the buy-in was like twenty dollars with 2 re-buys of $10.00. The equipment was donated (chips and cards). I think they ended up raising about $2,000. Poker is pretty popular among college students.
4 :
Have a Passion Party. They are tasteful and support breast cancer awareness! It is their charity for this month (we even have products for it!) It is also free to have one so any money you make by invites you have to people outside the sorority and such is all profit! I am sure I can also work out a discount with you all and all the extra money from discount could go towards it as well Visit my website for more info: http://dancbabe89.yourpassionconsultant.com






 Read more discussions :