Wednesday, April 28, 2010

How long does it take to examine your self for breast cancer


How long does it take to examine your self for breast cancer?
How long does it take to examine your self for breast cancer? I'm currently doing research so i can shoot a psa/commercial for Breast Cancer Awareness. Any ideal will be cool as well, or anything that you might feel like needed to be said? Quick question, might sound dumb, but do you have to be naked to do this examine? (not fully naked im not that stupid)
Cancer - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
just a few minutes
2 :
Now that I'm used to it and I know what to be looking for, it takes me 2-3 minutes. When I first started, it took me 10-15 because I constantly thought I was feeling tumors (my breasts are nodular). Medical students have prosthetic breasts with lumps and irregularities so they can learn what feels normal and what is not; I wish BSEs (and TSEs) were taught in schools, and students had access to this kind of equipment. I hope your commercial will give a run down on what is normal and what is not. Good luck!
3 :
It only takes a few minutes. You should be at least 30 years old and you should be bare breasted as it is more difficult to feel things under clothing.
4 :
Less than five minutes Best to have breasts exposed to feel for any lumps
5 :
I don't know who your commercial is aimed at, but from this question and your other Q&A I'm guessing you're young, possibly in your teens - forgive me i I'm wrong. So I'm going to assume in answering that the commercial is aimed at people in the same age group. In which case the most important thing to stress is that they should NOT be doing breast self-examination, which will tell them nothing and worry them unnecessarily. The American Cancer Society and other cancer organisations recommend that women begin breast self examination at no younger than 20, if then; and some cancer professionals say at no younger than 30. Before that it's pointless; firstly because there are so many hormonal changes that there is no 'normal' - and self examination is about a woman knowing what's normal for her and reporting any changes. And secondly because the chance of breast cancer is almost nil. Breast cancer is almost unheard of in under 25s (let alone teenagers), and fewer than 0.1% of all those diagnosed are under 30. Only 5% are under 40, most (80%) are over 50 and the average age at diagnosis is a little over 60. If you can get those facts across to young people, you will have done more than most to promote breast cancer awareness this month
6 :
It takes some time to realize....I do visit http://webmedicalonline.com I hope you all get lots of information about other serious diseases...







Read more discussions :