Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do you know if you have breast cancer


How do you know if you have breast cancer?
How do you know if you have breast cancer? Im a 14 year old who is concerned. One morning i woke up and my breast was sore. All around it is red,a and there is lump( its feels like its inside.) ,and it is sore. My cousins said it might just be because im on my period, because that has happened to her, but i am still worried. What should i do? Do i have breast cancer? Please help. Im scared.
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Let it be checked by a doctor. NOW. Isn't there some thing that is called a mammography or whatever in English, where they check specifically on such things? I have a higher chance on cancer on my bowels (you know, your guts). You don't want to know how they test for that. But it is important if you feel something, GO!
2 :
You can be sure you don't have breast cancer, so stop worrying. You are more than twice as likely to be struck by lightning than you are to have breast cancer at 14 - and I bet you don't waste any time worrying about that possibility every time it rains. The chances of someone your age having breast cancer are so close to zero that it makes no difference. It's almost unheard of in under 25s, let alone young teens. When I was diagnosed with it I was classed as a 'younger woman' - because I was only 50 (yes fifty), which is still pretty young for breast cancer. Even in women old enough for breast cancer, most breast lumps aren't cancer. At 14any changes to your breasts, including lumps, are almost certainly normal hormonal development.. There is no redness or anything else to see with breast cancer, and pain is very rarely a sign of breast cancer - most people diagnosed with it have felt no pain at all. Your cousin is right - it is hormonal and because of your period. But don't talk to other teenagers, talk to your mother. And then talk to your school nurse - she will be used to girls having worries like this and will be able to reassure you that you DON'T have breast cancer
3 :
No Lauren, definitely Not. Breast Cancer does not have any outward symptoms of Pain. And usually happens deep within the ducts of the breast. I was diagnosed at the age of 43, and they thought "I" Was too young. I felt no pain, I felt No Lump. If I hadn't had my annual mammogram, I would have never known I had it....Wait 1 week following your period, and then go to the doctor. He will put your mind at ease.





 Read more discussions :