Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do i accept the fact that i am going to die from breast cancer


How do i accept the fact that i am going to die from breast cancer?
I am 27 years old last year i had stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. The tumor was 3cm and it was grade 3. I know i am going to eventually die from this disease within the next 5 years. Most people with triple negative breast cancer die within 5 years after being diagnosed. I am so young. I am only 27 i don't want to die, but i know there is nothing i can do about it. How do i deal with this?
Cancer - 13 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i feel so sorry for you! but i would pretend that its not there and do all the things in life that youve always wanted to do. have fun while you can! Like go sky diving, Travel to another country, or something.
2 :
Never say never. Fight it. Attitude is very important. If someone knocks you down, get back up. If they knock you down again, get back up.Keep getting back up until you can't get up. This means don't give up hope.You never know what will happen.It's not over til it's over.
3 :
Only faith in God will give you the acceptance and confidence that everything is going to be all right. You have to pray to God and tell him about your woes and how you feel about your cancer. You also stated "most" people. That doesn't have to be you. You could be a miracle, you never know. All I have to give you is the assurance that God will provide for you, and he has a plan for everyone. Be sure to take care of yourself as well. Do everything the doctors say, and follow their orders. May God bless you now and forever.
4 :
I agree with the first answer. Live every day as if it was your last, literally. Do anything and everything you've ever wanted to do. Just live your life with no fear. Make the most of the time you have left. My deepest sympathies.
5 :
This form of cancer is not a death sentence. It is unique in that it is particularly aggressive at first, but following treatment, people that survive 3 years tend to have less risk of recurrent cancer compared to other types of cancer. The challenge is to make it three more years. You do not have to give up hope. You hopefully can recognize that this cancer is not certain death. If you cannot come to this realization, then the other alternative is to consider yourself already dead and every moment that is left is simply bonus time that you can use to do whatever you want since you have no worries about the future. But in some ways you are like everyone else - you really don't know when or how you will die. The only thing that is different is that you are more likely to die from cancer than something else.
6 :
hey, i'm really sorry to hear that, you sound like a very brave person, by the way you have casually posted this. i think theres no way to accept it, its unatural for some one your age to die of a cancer, but you have at least another few years, you've just got to belive, even if it is false hope, its better than no hope at all. if it was me, id just try to enjoy time i had left, I.E drugs sex and rock and roll, i'd go places ive always wanted and meeting new people. what ever you do please dont give up on your self, even if death is envitable you can still make a diffrance to ur life and the life of others REMEBER Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take ur breath away! never give up
7 :
Actually everyone is going to die,just like pessimist feel sad &think that a glass is half empty &optimist feels happy and think that the glass is half filled.For the same single condition two entirely different reactions.I have seen this different reactions in my house for loss of money cases from my father and from me.You change your way of thinking ,You know that you can write E mail messages to me through this section by clicking the word e mail which is visible if you click my name here to open my profile
8 :
I don't believe that most people with Stage 2 triple negative bc die within 5 years. Where did you hear that? Maybe if you forego treatment that would be true.
9 :
please don't be mislead buy the medical society. Do your homework. I have had a lump for many years and have not even had it checked. I knew that sugar feeds it and if i back off the sugar it gets smaller. Please take the time to do your research and homework and you can save your own life. So much of those socalled disease's out there are reversable. You must know that what we put in our bodies in the form of nutrition is ultimately what comes out of that food. Sugar and moldy grains are big time contributors. If you truly love you, then you will change what you consume in the form or food. take the time to read about the phase one plan on Doug's site (the 1st one), go to FAQ and it is half way down, and then read the other 2 links, you will be left in awe. But you must want to live bad enough to have an open mind. So if you would take some time to check out the links I have sent you. Please keep in touch and let me know what you find out. You can email or call either of them and find out which dr.'s in this country do the same therapy as Dr. Simoncini in Italy. So many blessings to you. Keep me posted. ttyl
10 :
www.cancertutor.com
11 :
Take it one day at a time and just live it the fullest. My dad has multiple myeloma (terminal bone marrow cancer) and he was given 3 years. Its been 7 years and he still has very good quality of life. Don't listen to statistics and just fight as hard as you can. Prayer is what has sustained us. God bless!
12 :
I am very sorry to hear that you are having this stressor in your life. I will tell you how I deal with it. You see, I have brain cancer and while we don't know when it will kill me, I have been told by some of best doctors in the country that it will kill me. We just don't know when. I have what is called benign malignant tumors. Lots of them snaking through my skull, in my sinuses, and around my carotid artery. They started out simply enough as a meningioma. But it is in other areas as well. They have done all the procedures they can do. Surgeries, radiation - been done. So after my inital 15 minutes of crying my husband and I decided that the tumors (now upgraded to brain cancer 3 years ago) were not going to win. I believe in positivity. I believe in positive activity. Which means I tell myself every single day that God has given me yet another day to spend with my precious husband, children and grandchildren. I get to enjoy life to the fullest. For that is truly all we can do. For if you give in to the cancer, then the cancer has already won. You might as well just check into the hospital, pick out your headstone and secure your plot in the cemetery. You have a choice. You have options. 5 years is a long time. A lot can happen in 5 years. Medical technology is amazing and they are discovering and using it to it's fullest potential. But for me personally? If I die so that my precious daughter or her beautiful daughters don't get brain cancer and they can discover what caused mine then it will all have been worth it. We are all dealt a hand in life. How you play your hand is what determines what kind of human being you are. The choice is yours. Take it and FLY!!!!!! Peace. Joy. Hope. Faith. Love. There is NO PLACE LIKE HOPE.
13 :
Just live and forget about it. Do all you have ever wanted to do! You only have a limeted time to do that and you need to just do whatever you have always wanted, but first verify (just to be sure) that you will die. P.S. I am very sorry. I'll pray for you, maybe your doctor made a mistake, or something, I am a dude so I know nothing about breast cancer so...




 Read more discussions :