Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How young can you get breast cancer


How young can you get breast cancer?
I am 16 and breast cancer runs in my family, i cant help but worry, untill now i did not see a doctor, am i too young to get breast cancer and when should i start worring about it?
Cancer - 11 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Since it runs in the family, you are NOT too young to see a doctor. He(or she) can show you the correct way to do a self exam. I congratulate you on your awareness at such a young age.
2 :
You can get it at any age, but it is most common in women over 55.
3 :
Why do you think of it. just wash it including the tits with dettol while bathing and forget it. you will keep good health and never get it.
4 :
I agree with the other answers. You're never too young to start self breast exams! Breast cancer runs in my family too, and I do the self exams and I get checked during the yearly female exam. I am in my 30's and I had breast cancer at 27. I found the lump myself during my monthly self-check. I had a lumpectomy and it was not present in the lymph nodes so I was in good shape after the surgery. My surgeon told me that he's seen breast cancer in 15 year olds, and although that's rare, keep in mind that no one is too young to be stricken.
5 :
from 22 yrs onward u can get it any time, if u r unmarried chances r more after 33yrs, n most after 39 yrs gettting married and feeding is most likly to reduce the chances....even then proper and regularly chk should be done once in a yr.
6 :
i got it and it dont run in my family,,if they are my real family..
7 :
well,we all know that breast cancer is genetic so from what i know ,it can appear betwen the age 18-85.....The studies show that 1 of 7 womans at the age of 85 have breast cancer...if you are young the risks are few,but you can prevent it by not smokig,drinkig alchool or gathering weight.The studies also show that if you breast feed betwen the age 20-30 ,3 years consecutive,the chances you geting brest cancer reduses to 1%...
8 :
it is a bit difficult to get it in this age. u should see a doctor and ask him when u should start getting tested. it usually is about 10 years earlier than your mother had it. however dont forget always to self-examine your breast once a month (u can find easy directions on the internet or ask your doctor to tell u) and note down any changes u observe :) All cancers have a hereditary part but almost 70% has to with our way of life and environment. find out what the risk factors for breast cancer are and try to avoid them throughout your life :) take care
9 :
Early twenties and even younger see: http://bcresourcedirectory.org/young.htm
10 :
One of my daughters was worry too, but only 5-15% are on risk te inf. in too long read more in the link below http://www.breastcancer.realage.com/content.aspx/topic/23
11 :
I know some woman at work got it at 22





Read more discussions :