Friday, April 1, 2011

Can cancer develope in your breast from bruising it ?


Can cancer develope in your breast from bruising it ?
I just fell over my own feet and crashed down onto a short end table that I am refinishing. It welted right away and twelve hours later one third of my breast is purple blue and black. I used a gel called Bruise Control which says it will fade unsightly bruises. It seems to have worked in the reverse for me. Mainly I am worried about Breast Cancer. Is there any info on the chances of this happening from bruising myself?
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hi Melody, You don't need to worry, getting breast cancer from a bruise is an old wives tale. Breast cancer is a collection of malignant cells, you can't get cancer from an accident. As for the bruising it takes about 6-8 weeks for a bruise to go away. A warm compress might help with the pain as will a little Motrin or Tylenol. Take care and don't worry. :-)
2 :
The general,scientific view is that injury does not cause breast cancer, but can cause fibrous scar tissue, which could be mistaken for breast cancer. Age, genetic predisposition, amount of exercise and diet are known to be factors in determining who is more likely to develop breast cancer. The chances of you having anything to be concerned about (after injury) are very, very small.

 Read more discussions :