Friday, October 12, 2012

What should I do, I just found out my Aunt has breast cancer


What should I do, I just found out my Aunt has breast cancer?
My sister just got off the phone with our mother. My aunt has breast cancer. I don't what to do. I don't know how to feel. She lives half way across the country and I can't afford to fly there to see her. What am I and my sisters able to do for her?
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
the best thign to do right now is to jsut give her support and be there for her, phone her more often etc..
2 :
I would definitely let her know you care and wish you could be there with her. Besides that, there are things you can do for her right where you are. My husband was diagnosed with stage iv cancer which had spread to his lungs. I spent a lot of time on the internet researching alternative cancer cures. I found a lot of helpful information. He has been on a special program of supplements and diet for the last 3 years and is well and healthy today. Don't give up - start researching and stay in touch with her!
3 :
If you go to www.after-cancer.com there are details of lots of small things you could do that make a big difference to cancer patients. Just being there and keeping in touch will lift her spirits. And look under Treats and in the other categories for all the things that have helped friends and family keep in touch. Good luck - and your Aunt is lucky to have such a supportive family. Verite R
4 :
I am so sorry for your Aunt, but breast cancer is beatable I know, my wife has it and we have been fighting a tough battle. It will take a lot of support from family and friends to pull together and get your Aunt well again. The first thing she will have to do is to find out what stage her breast cancer is in and then begin a plan of recovery. At home where she lives: She needs to gather a team of doctors that will be helping her to overcome this disease. I would have her find out the best ones in the city she lives in and begin there. When she goes to doctors visits see if she can take a voice recorder to record what is being said. Too often it is a lot of information to comprehend and this would be a nice way to make sure all the information is there for review. She will be going in for a bunch of tests, so schedules will have to be altered to take her to them. Being far away you will not be doing this, but what you can do is pray for her, and call her often so she has somebody to talk to. My wife's friends got together and made her a Cancer Quilt. It has helped her a lot especially when she got down, she would wrap herself in it and feel loved. It would be nice to get something hand made so that when she is depressed she could look at it and feel loved. There will be a lot of pressure to the family members living around your Aunt because they are going to be at the battle front. They will be the ones to help her get to her appointments, help her with housework, do the cooking and the chores. If she will have to go through chemotherapy, it will take it's toll. Not at first but gradually. My wife never got sick because they have a lot of drugs that will take care of that. It depends upon how many treatments she may have to go through. What my wife appreciates are the phone calls, letters, and cards she received. Words of inspiration are very important. I hope they caught it early, and she will not have to experience what my wife has but she can make it through it. Talk to her and let her bring it up if she wants to. Add me to your friends list if you want to and feel free to ask any questions if you need to. My prayers go out to you and your family. Your Aunt will beat it, and she will need all the support she can get, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. It takes a lot of WORK to fight this terrible disease.



Read more discussions :