Thursday, January 24, 2013

Without going to the doctor; how can a person know if they have breast cancer


Without going to the doctor; how can a person know if they have breast cancer?
Also what are the possible ways to get breast cancer?
Cancer - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
well, you would need a mammogram machine as well as knowing how to interpret the results, besides performing monthly breast exams. As far as getting breast cancer, several factors: -genetics, if a family member had it you are at a higher risk than an average person -age of menarche starting, earlier increases your chances -age of menopause, the later the onset the higher the risk -nulliparity and not breast feeding has shown an increase for risk -smoking, alcohol, chemicals there might be a few more i'm forgetting best advice, don't skip the visit to the doctor. It is not worth the risk
2 :
You can't. I had what I thought was a blocked milk duct when I was 8 months pregnant, and it turned out to be breast cancer. If you have found something that doesn't seem right, go to the doctor. I was pretty lucky. Although I had 3 tumors, one of which was 4cm, it had not spread. I know they always talk about early detection, but it is true. Good luck!
3 :
there's no sure way to tell until they have done a biopsy, you can have a mammogram and still not definitely know. A biopsy is the removal of a piece of tissue from the breast for examination to confirm or establish a diagnosis, estimate prognosis, or follow the course of the disease.
4 :
Check your breast regularly, feel for lumps,etc My wife was breast feeding our son, he was 10months old & she was in pain, thinking it was just mastitis(hope thats how you spell it) & the little bloke would suck it through. It wasn't, she had 3 grade 3 tumours 3.5cm & 2 X 2 cm ones. After a Mastectomy & 6 months of the worst F******** chemo,etc( which almost took her life)she is still with us ( 4 years on now) PLEASE don't chance it, if you suspect anything , get your @rse to the doctors. I don't want anyone going through what My wife, Kid's & I went through, or the tens of thousands of other Families out there are living with for that matter
5 :
The other people are correct. Do not wait. I am a radiation therapist in the Texas Medical Center and I have treated some awful cases of breast cancer when I was working at MD Anderson Cancer Center and I have seen some difficult cases working at my current job. Early detection is always best. My most difficult cases are my young women (under 35) that present with an advanced stage breast cancer. In addition to mammograms, please see if you will be able to have an ultra-sound done because mammograms are becoming a thing of the past. They have missed so many tumors that technology is moving toward breast MRIs and Ultrasounds.



Read more discussions :