Monday, October 20, 2008

Is a tattoo of a breast cancer tattoo worng if I never had it


Is a tattoo of a breast cancer tattoo worng if I never had it?
I want a breast cancer tattoo with the ribbon and flowers around it that mean support, beauty, and strength. The thing is, is that I have never had breast cancer in my family. But I really love to support it and I think the victims are so strong. What can I do?
Tattoos - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You seem to have a someone idealised view of people who have cancer. I think a lot of "victims" would just want to smack you if you said "You're so strong." Given the option, they'd run from cancer but they don't have that option so they deal with it as best they can. They're not some saintly breed of person different from everyone else. Plus, if you're going to have a tattoo, I'm not sure something that reminds you of cancer each time you see it is the way to go.
2 :
It's your body. And if you feel strong about it, then by all means do it. Don't let anyone change what YOU want and feel song about.
3 :
I'm a testicular cancer survivor and I know that there is a new movement against ribbons and wristbands, because some people feel like they've been overused and have lost their meaning. A large international awareness group for TC actually uses "No Ribbons. No Wristbands. No Regrets." as their slogan. If you feel strongly about your tattoo, I would do what you want to, but as a cancer patient I can tell you that you'd show more support by volunteering in a cancer treatment center. Plus, if the fad of ribbons goes away, you won't be stuck with it



 Read more discussions :