Sunday, October 12, 2008

What are the risks of getting breast reconstruction when you didn't have breast cancer


What are the risks of getting breast reconstruction when you didn't have breast cancer?
I'm eligible for breast reconstruction because of the different sizes of my breasts, I've been reading up about the risks of having the procedure done and most of what I find is about getting it done after having breast cancer. I want to know if the risks are lower or different for me since I didn't have breast cancer, seeing it mentions having radiation and everything for cancer treatment.
Women's Health - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You say you are having reconstruction because of the asymmetry of your breasts, I am guessing that either you are having one reduced or an implant in the other. If this is the case, your chances of having breast cancer depend on which option. Having one reduced also reduces your chances since you have "less breast tissue" ,although a negligible factor. Having an implant could, although unlikely, prevent a a cancer from being detected from the implant obscuring the tissue



 Read more discussions :