Friday, October 24, 2008

what's the difference between regular breast lumps and breast cancer lumps


what's the difference between regular breast lumps and breast cancer lumps?
I don't know what the difference would be between regular lumps in breasts and cancerous lumps. 2 years ago I was a 34 A now, I'm a 34 D 5 foot 5 130 pounds...i have bigger boobs then my mom & my older sister & my dad and I have big lumps in my chest that hurt a little when I touch them, but I'm too young for breast cancer.... so whats the difference between regular lumps & cancerous lumps? also, what are some other symptoms?
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The difference between cancerous lumps and non-cancerous lumps is the tyope of cells they are composed of. With their training, Dr's can classify lumps as suspicious or not suspicious. Of those they classify as suspicious and send for further investgation, 80% are not cancerous. If in doubt, see your Dr and get them checked. Breast cancer is rarely tender, so this is a good sign, but it can be in uncommon cases. Breast cancer rarely occurs symetrically, so this is another good sign, but again it can be. You say you are young, so it sounds unlikely that you have breast cancer, but a Dr is the only way to know for sure. Breast size is irrelevant in breast cancer diagnosis, you could have a AA cup or a EE cup and have the same risk.
2 :
take vitamin e and Tylenol it helps
3 :
It sounds to me like they are cysts. Breast Cancer lumps rarely hurt. Your doctor can tell if they are cysts - the doctor usually inserts a needle and extracts the fluid to tell if they are cysts or breast cancer lumps or tumors. Getting them checked out is best. Nurse Addison
4 :
Tarkarri gave you a very good answer



 Read more discussions :