Saturday, August 1, 2009

What are some good motivational and insporational songs for someone with breast cancer


What are some good motivational and insporational songs for someone with breast cancer?
My aunt was just diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer. I'd like to make a CD of inspirational and upbeat songs to give her hope and motivation as she goes thru chemo, surgery and radiation over the course of the next few months. Any great suggestions would be appreciated.
Cancer - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Our Time Now by Plain White T's
2 :
I am so sorry! I wish her and you all the best of luck. I don't know if you'll like my style of music but I'll pitch a few to you. Down to the river to pray:From the sound track to O' Brother where art thou.(Bluegrass gospel) I hope you dance: By Leann Womack(Country) Like a rock:By Bob Segar(Rock) I will survive:Oldies(can't remember who sings it) I'll fly away: Allison Krause from the soundtrack of O' Brother Where Art Thou? One of my personal favorites. I lost my father to lung cancer back in 1993, I can only imagine how hard it is for you to find the right music to put together for your aunt. Best wishes.
3 :
hello, if you want read something about breast cancer i just come accross this blog which may help you http://breastcancer-symptom.blogspot.com
4 :
so sorry to hear nancy that you are dealing with this problem..the sound track to" oh brother where art thou " is a great album and rascal flatts has a song called "skin" i think it is a hidden track on there second or third album not really sure ..sorry..country music has a lot of songs that could be inspirational if she like country or trace adkins sings a old gospel song called "wayfaring stranger" it is great...old gospel can be very inspiring and maybe lead to finding her way through this problem...depression can be so severe when a person finds out they have a severe illness that could be fatal...you are a good neice and friend, my prayers are with you and your family at this time...cat-cat/
5 :
I've search lots of blogs for the same thing for my friend to put on her ipod - here is a list of all the ones I've found so far - good luck! Unwritten by Natashia Bettingfield Bubbly by Colbie Caillat Breathe Again by toni braxton summer breeze by Seals and Croft "Channel Z" the B-52's (great beat and exciting vocals) "Shine" Cyndi Lauper "Move" Phil Joel Coming out of the dark - by Gloria Estefan "Birdhouse in your soul" They Might Be Giants "All Fired Up" Pat Benatar (such a good one) Jesus Take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood "I Believe" Jeremy Camp Can't Hold Us Down - Christina Aguilera Won't Back Down - Tom Petty Kokomo - Beach Boys (I just like the sound of this one, there isn't really anything inspirational about it but it puts me in a good mood) Walking On Sunshine - Katrina & the Waves Don't Stop - Fleetwood Mac Be As - Prozzak Fly - Hilary Duff Down That Road - Leahy Soak Up the Sun - ?? I can't remember Why Not - Hilary Duff Fighter - Christina Aguilera You Gotta Be - Des'ree Lead Me On - Amy Grant Return to Innocence - Enigma Stand - Jewel In Your Soul - Corey Hart Intuition - Jewel True To Your Heart - 98 Degrees Walking Away - Craig David I Don't Wanna Be - Gavin DeGraw Pop - 'Nsync (I like this one for the message in it about respecting people and letting them do what they like) Any Man of Mine - Shania Twain
6 :
I Run For Life - Melissa Ethridge Greatest Hits CD Never Surrender - Cant Remember the Artist Jesus Take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood
7 :
My first time at Yahoo questions -- I have pretty much the same question -- my good friend has just found a new cancer after being free of it for many years. She has gotten a Zune & asked me if I could help her find inspirational/motivational upbeat music to load on it, so I was looking around for a list to help me get started. Really appreciate all of the great answers here!



 Read more discussions :