Tuesday, December 1, 2009

How can I deal with a relative that has breast cancer


How can I deal with a relative that has breast cancer?
Found out my grandma has breast cancer. I'm really stressed out and I dont know what to do. I'm worried about effect is gonna have mainly on my dad. I'd like to know of anyone dealing with or that has gone thru the same thing and would like to offer advice.
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm a 4 1/2 year breast cancer survivor. I don't know how old your Grandma is or what stage of breast cancer she has. I do know that what got me thru surgery and treatment was what I've always called the 3 F's- Faith,Family and Friends, and family was of the upmost importance!! Let her be angry, sad, whatever but just be there to listen and support her (I'm guessing she's worried about the effect on your Dad too!!) I was more worried about my family than I was myself. Anger was a huge part for me, frustration at being tired and not able to work or even cook dinner!!! But we got thru it and in six months will celebrate the glorious 5 year mark!! Feel free to e-mail me and ask questions--there's way to much to put here!! Hugs to you and your Dad!! :)
2 :
At old age cancer typically progresses very slowly. Thus, she may enjoy several more good years. However, the next few months may be very stressful since she may be advised to have a surgery followed by radiation and chemotherapy. You should support her and your father in the following few hard months.
3 :
I am going through a recurrence of breast cancer. It is stressful for the family but everyone is supporting each other. If someone cries, it's okay. Let people talk if they want to. Be helpful if you are able to when things need to be done. My family gets together regularly and that helps all of us



 Read more discussions :