Sunday, November 8, 2009

What can I do to join the fight against breast cancer


What can I do to join the fight against breast cancer?
Recently I've discovered someone I love is infected with breast cancer and decided I would show my support not only to her but to the whole world. Basically what I'm asking is what can I do to join the fight? How can I cooperate? How do I sign up? Thank you in advance.
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hi, i will find out and i will get back to you today or tommorow with the answer. Stay pending.
2 :
Oh hi! Wow I absolutely love your question. Susan G. Komen holds a walk every year and I'm sure they have them in different places. But anyways I decided to do it so I signed up online for the Race...it was called Race for the Cure. It was a very big deal. I wasn't expecting many people but I was so wrong. Hundreds upon hundreds of people were there. It was truly a sight to see. So I had my team and you raise money together through donations and entry fees. Just go check out the susangkomen.com website...they constantly have events going on. See if there is one taking place near you! Or if you can't participate on the day of the event just make a donation.
3 :
If you are serious about helping someone you love who has been diagnosed with breast cancer, sign up as a volunteer with your local American Cancer Society. You can become active by becoming an ACS volunteer at events such as Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and Relay for Life. Both are fundraising in nature and involve a walking event in your local community. You can join or form a team, become part of the planning committees for these events, and help raise money that is used towards patient education, advocacy, patient services and cancer research. These programs are fun, a great way to meet others and will show your loved one how much you care and are committed to finding the "cure." Go to cancer.org and start showing the "world" how much you care!



 Read more discussions :