Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Does anybody have any ideas on how i can fundraise money for the Avon walk for breast cancer


Does anybody have any ideas on how i can fundraise money for the Avon walk for breast cancer?
I will be participating in the Avon walk for breast cancer this year but i need to raise a minimum of $1,800. i have so far about $500 from donations and the walk is only about a month and half away. andy suggestions? okay yes i did let everyone here know but in order for me to get the credit for the donations thay have to let Avon walk they are donating to support me.
Community Service - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you just did. by letting everyone on the internet know what u are doing.
2 :
Try seting up a table outside a large business selling breast cancer ribbons for a $1 each and also have a donation jar available.
3 :
try little ceasars pizza sales...you sell everything from do-it-yourself pizza making kits to crazy bread to cookie dough. parents and kids love them- not too expensive, and the fundraiser program lets you keep a ton of profit. try setting up shop in a large apartment building or near a school. good luck!
4 :
maybe try asking people in the breast cancer web site
5 :
When I did the Avon Walk a couple of years ago, I was in your shoes - about a month away and over $1k to raise. I had the help of a good friend and we did two things: 1 - We asked our local Wal-Mart to let us set up a table outside their store on a busy weekend. We had gotten some pink ribbon and some lace ribbon from a craft store and glued the ribbon together with the lace as a border. We gave the ribbons to those people who gave a donation of $1 or more. 2 - Harder, but more effective. We basically hit the sidewalks and went door to door. We explained that I was doing the Avon Walk and the story behind my walk (I was walking in memory of my mom). While some people were rude, others were amazingly generous. Again, gave the ribbons away to those who donated. I had created a flyer with my name and address, plus the link to the web site where they could make a donation directly (in case they felt leery about giving money to a stranger). If you live in a smaller community, you might try the local radio stations to get some PR. In the end we were able to raise about $3k and my Avon Walk experience will always be a great memory. Hope this helps, Blessings,






 Read more discussions :