Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How many women/men die from breast cancer each day


How many women/men die from breast cancer each day?
I was just told by my mother that her 3rd cousin died yesterday from breast cancer. I was wondering what the statistics are? How many women/men die each day in the US or world. Thank you so much!
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
2004 was the last year statistics were complied for breast cancer deaths in the US. Total 40,954 women and 362 men died from breast cancer. This would average out to about 112 women a day and roughly one man a day.
2 :
I don't know about the US, in the UK an average of 33 women a day die from breast cancer, and I imagine the percentage is the same in the US. Sorry about your relative; I lost a friend to breast cancer yesterday too.