Thursday, December 16, 2010

Would a Breast Cancer surviver who has lost her breasts find this slogan offensive


Would a Breast Cancer surviver who has lost her breasts find this slogan offensive?
"Saving Lives, One breast at a time!" This is a slogan i plan to use on rubber silicone bracelets that i am selling to raise money for the avon walk for breast cancer. Im just concerned that it might be offensive to those who have lost their breasts to cancer.
Cancer - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I would think it would be very well taken. It is accurate that cancer does attack one breast at a time. Good luck with your charity walk ! Great Cause !
2 :
I don't find the slogan offensive. I commend any actions taken to raise awareness of breast cancer and which also serve to destigmatize cancer as a disease.
3 :
If the sponsoring charity approves it then I think it sounds like a real winner!
4 :
Cassandra I think that's a wonderful idea, Bless you heart that you are doing your part to bring more awareness to this awful disease we know as breast cancer, I think your slogan will go over just fine and please know that I am certainly not offended by it. Bless you honey, I hope I run across one of your bracelets and when I do I will think of you. Texas Mom
5 :
Now that is a good slogan. Thank you for listening to the answers you your other questions and not going the funny route.
6 :
Thank you for asking but Yes, I would find it offensive. Reason being is that breast cancer is celebrated in the wrong way. The whole pinkwashing campaign by Susan Komen has not even shown a wee bit of progress towards finding a cure. Even with raising $5.5 billion, Komen has yet to show the fruits of our donations. It is sad that women have to go through the pain and suffering of losing a breast. I do respect the fact that you asked which shows you do care. My advice is to make a cause that fights all types of cancer. A cancer that affect men, women, and children EQUALLY. NOT just women. Here are some facts about breast cancer -breast cancer is the 5th leading cancer in women over 50 -less then 1% of men get breast cancer -children are NOT affected by breast cancer
7 :
I have had a breast removed and I don't find it offensive at all.
8 :
Thanks for avoiding offensive slogans such as 'Save the tatas', 'I love boobies' and 'Save second base'. Like the other cancer survivors who've had mastectomies who have answered your question, I'm not offended by your slogan (and I'm pretty touchy!). The only objection you have to it comes from a man who has not had a mastectomy







 Read more discussions :