Sunday, March 20, 2011

How high risk am I for getting breast cancer


How high risk am I for getting breast cancer?
My Mom is medium risk she would be high risk but she did not go into puberty in till she was like 16.There is breast cancer in the family my aunt had it and I think some other family members have had it.I started puberty at like 9 and by 11 I was a B cup and had my period.How high is the chance of me getting breast cancer?When should I get a mammogram(Im 13 so I dont need one for a long time)?When should I start doing self checks?
Women's Health - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
my mom and i are at high risk also. u could be higher risk than ur mother but tht doesnt mean ur high, high risk. my mom always told me to just lightly feel around the armpit and breast area for any lumps. if u feel anything out of the ordinary tell ur mom and have her feel it. she will no if its a lump or not. if it is get it removed b4 it spreads. breast cancer is risky for children whos mother is at risk for the cancer.
2 :
You can start doing self checks now if you want. There are lots of sites that explain how to do them. You shouldn't start worrying about that now (you're only 13). When you turn 18 and start going to the Gyno they will also check your breasts every year.
3 :
you are. anything in you gene pool like caner is always a threat.my gynocologist told be that anything that doesn't move when you press on isn't natural. if you feel and bump its hard, go to a gyno. as you grow your body's going to change. I'm 20 and im still changing and learning about my body. i wouldn't worry. when your 16 i would start going to the gyno. just have fun.your young.
4 :
What you can do is eat lots & lots of vegetable very regularly. Same w/ fruits. And avoid foods & drink that have high sugar and partially hydrogenated oils in them (my mom called it the "H-word") Also, no aspartame.Aspartame is found in most sugar-free foods & drink (like Diet Coke, Sweet N' Low) All of these have been known to lead to a higher risk of getting cancer. Try to eat as little junk food as possible. Healthy, & often raw foods (like raw fruit & vegetables) are very helpful when you're avoiding cancer. My mother had breast cancer when she was 39-40 years old, & unfortunately she died from it, but when she was going through treatment, she gave my siblings & I some good insights on what she would/could have done to prevent the cancer. Also, eat raw garlic. It sounds nasty, but it supports breast health. And take vitamins every day (the ones I take are called Juice Plus. You can get them in capsules or chewables. I think at Hi-Health is where I got them.) Eat a wide variety of vegetables & fruits every day. This will lower your risk of getting cancer. Especially if you have a high immune system. I don't know what a mammogram is, but you should check your breasts for lumps (feel around, it's a bit awkward to say it, but it's helpful). Remember this analogy: feeling a bowl of oatmeal is normal; but feeling a peanut in the bowl is not. (The oatmeal is your boob, lol). Also, NEVER sleep w/ a bra on. It's very bad to do that. (It presses down on & binds your breasts down while you're rolling or tossing in your sleep, which damages the tissues inside your breasts.) SLeeping w/ a loose camisole is okay, as long as the bra part is loose & isn't too binding. Since you're still young, so you need to start now w/ your prevention of breast cancer. It's crucial. If you need any more info, my e-mail link is on my page. Good luck! :)





 Read more discussions :