Wednesday, March 16, 2011

How many maximum days a patient can spend before starting chemotherapy and after the breast cancer surgery


How many maximum days a patient can spend before starting chemotherapy and after the breast cancer surgery ?
I would like to know that how urgent is the chemotherapy after the breast cancer surgery. The patient is 51 yr of age lady and has a Stage-III tumor (3.5x3.5x3cm) which was removed by MRM. and what are the precautions to be taken while, during and after the chemotherapy. The patient also has Hyper tension and is diabetic.
Cancer - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Every doctor is different on their opinion on when to start chemo. The doctor is also the person that you need to speak to about your chemo questions. That is the person to trust for accurate information, not any strangers here. This is someones life you're talking about. Go to the right source.
2 :
The patient's doctor will need to determine that. A lot has to do with current health, strength, cancer's spread, medications, etc. Unfortunately there is no one answer as everyone and every cancer is different. Some it can occur the same day while most it is later based on the above info. A person who is diabetic and hypertensive there will be a number of things to watch based on the level of these diseases affect her. I know this is not a direct answer but there are far to many variables that come into play. I hope this at least helps a little and I wish you and your friend all the best. Good luck
3 :
Yeah, what the other two said. Drs really want to start chemo as soon as surgery site is healed. I had to wait right at a month because I got an infection in my incision. My docs were getting a little panicky, keeping me coming in to check the infection and how well it was healing.
4 :
Many doctors are now not using chemotherapy for breast cancer. I'd get 2-3 other opinions. Myself- I was diagnosed with infiltrating intraductal breast cancer-- the most common kind and is invasive. I turned down chemo, radiation and surgery and focused on an intensive raw food diet and lots of juicing and cured myself naturally of breast cancer, eleven years ago. I'm still in perfect health today. All my other ailments went away in the first month-- fibromyalgia, arthritis, acid reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, etc.-- long list. And of course the breast cancer was never given a chance to continue its growth as I boosted my immune system and gave it raw foods that didn't let the breast cancer grow. Nurse Sue ( R.N.)
5 :
one to two months ask ask get second opinions good luck





Read more discussions :