Tuesday, May 12, 2009

breast cancer


breast cancer?
ok i was watching Scrubs, I know it's not a reliable source but i had to ask...one patient was having pain in her aoreole [i assume it's the nipple] and the "doctor" said it was breast cancer...is there a link between pain in the aoreole and breast cancer? i'm asking because well my left nipple is hurting me but i'm about to have my period also i've been having shooting pains but i think it's related with underwire in my bras...i have a phobia of doctors and needles, i'm seeking therapy, once i get over it i'll go see a doctor
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It's normal for your breasts to be tender just before and during your period. You should already know how to do a self breast exam, but if you don't ask your doctor to show you how and if you find something unusual or abnormal, get in and get it checked right away. You should also be going for regular checkups and mammograms as well. Bottom line, if you're concerned, see your doctor.
2 :
Ive had breast cancer and i did have shooting pains but not in my aureole. If your about to start your period its probably nothing. But if you are really worried the best thing to do is go get checked. It wont hurt to make sure and to ease your mind. I thought mine was nothing and waited a year before I did anything and my cancer was found to be in its 3rd stage and spread to the lymph nodes. good luck


Read more discussions :