Sunday, June 28, 2009

How long can my aunt survive with breast cancer


How long can my aunt survive with breast cancer?
My aunt found out that she had breast cancer one year ago but she did nothing about it. Now she is experiencing bleeding and such and she got surgery. Can she still survive if she is in stage four or is she even in stage four?
Cancer - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There are very few statistics on survival rates in untreated breast cancer as most people choose to have it treated. This is a very treatable cancer in the early stages and your aunt's results will depend on a huge range of factors. Her treating Dr is in the best position to advise.
2 :
I am so sorry that that happened to her! I think you guys should look into alternative medicine which has a good probability of curing cancer of any kind. Some of the treatments involve tremendous amounts of vitamin D and all kinds of other things. You can find some articles and links on these websites: Www.mercola.com Www.naturalnews.com I hope she gets better! :)
3 :
There are many people who have survived Stage 4 cancer. Those are the lucky people. Regrettably people who know they have cancer and wait like your aunt has done are playing with fire. Depending on what organs are now involved and how she is responding to treatment if she's having treatment will determine how long she can live. It could be just months without treatment, or several years with treatment. So sorry your family is going through this.
4 :
I just lost my mom to stage 4 breast cancer almost 2 weeks ago. I have searched and searched to find a survivor. I was in denial when i read over and over again that only few make it to 5 years. I thought, there is no way this is going to happen to my family. My mom was an amazing woman, she not only dealt with her own cancer but the loss of my Aunt from pancreas cancer. Her cancer came back on her lungs, 3 tumors. 2 on one and the biggest on the other, so they said they could not do surgery, just chemo and clinical trials to try to keep them from growing. She made it all the way to the very end of the 5th year. About 2 months ago we sent her to a place in Mexico called Issels. They have many testimonials from terminal cancer patients, who were now cancer free. We gave it a shot. She was there for 4 weeks, when she got home her migraines started. Sliterallyaly whithered away in a few weeks. All these years and during chemo, she never looked unhealthy. You could only tell cause she lost her hair. We were shocked to find out 13 tumors were on her brain, the tumors on her lungs doubled in size in a month, had a tumor in her sinus, spine, and a few on the surface of her skin. I think I still in shock that it took over so fast. I wish you all the luck, stay strong. if I could go back this last month I wouldn't have pushed her to do the radiation everyday and the chemo. I would have rather her enjoy the remaining of her life. My heart goes out to you and your entire family.
5 :
If the cancer involves the skin that makes her a stage 3B at a minimum, but in cases like this they are a stage 4 99.9% of the time. Stage 4 disease is not curable and without treatment she may survive several months to 1.5 years.
6 :
DeniseDDS and Tarkarri have good answers and reasonable guesses, but this is always a guess. Whatever guess even knowledgeable medical people may make will be wrong. You do not know what stage she is, so Denise has to guess at that. These questions asking us to predict the future are human nature. Many of us want to know the future. We cannot ever know the future. If you think about it, you might not want to know the future. - - - I saw one person - who would not allow any treatment - live for over five years with a huge primary breast cancer that had broken through the skin of the breast, became infected, was a painful fungating malodorous mass, and yet she would allow no surgery, radiation, or chemotherapy. She had no money and no insurance. I saw her at no charge and provided her with comfort medications at my own expense. Nice person, but I could never talk her into allowing any real treatment. She was still alive and ambulatory when I retired from medical practice. This is just one anecdotal case, but it shows that anything may be possible. Cancers follow no rules. This was the only person - out of many many hundreds of breast cancer patients I saw - who I could not talk into trying some form of breast cancer treatment



 Read more discussions :