Sunday, February 24, 2013

What do you say to someone who is against Breast Cancer? or breast cancer awareness


What do you say to someone who is against Breast Cancer? or breast cancer awareness?
Just a simple question.. what would you say to someone who is all against it? I use to have a email written by a guy that I can't seem to find now, I would like to send that to her but i can't find it and it was a good story. So what would you say to someone who thinks breast cancer or breast cancer awareness is dumb? thanks everyone for the answers.. it just really gets to me on this topic. My grandma died of breast cancer and when someone says stupid crap.. I just get all mad and frustrated.
Cancer - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
THEY ARE STUPID SELFISH BRATS! people need to know about it!
2 :
they are the dumb ones
3 :
Nothing, I would ignore them. I get tired of all the 13 year olds with developing breasts thinking they have cancer, but there just needs to be a more nuanced awareness program.
4 :
It is terrible that someone would think that. I personally would say that it is the number one killer of woman and it affects A LOT of woman. Think if it were their cousin, sister, mother, wife, aunt, child. It is something that affects most families here in American. Almost everyone in the country can say that they know, or know of someone who has had it, has it or has died from it. I am 19 and I was diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma, a pediatric cancer, and I used to get jealous that Breast Cancer got so much attention whereas pediatric cancers were almost put on the back burner. It made me sick because there are so many LITTLE kids that have cancer and that die so so young and at least the woman with breast cancer got to live some of their lives. I felt this way especially when a close friend, a 3 year old had died after battling cancer since he was 18 months old. It made me sick. I now realize that the reason it gets so much attention is because it is more and more common everyday. I just saw on the news the other day that an 11 year old was diagnosed with BC. How is that possible. Does she even have boobs yet?!? It is sickening to think that there has to be a reason for this. There HAS to be something we can do to stop it. Something caused this to become and outburst and we need to figure out what. Is it too much radiation in the air, the pollution? We need to desperatly figure it out. I hope your friend comes around and realizes that the people going through this need the support. The more support, the more funds they have to find a cure.
5 :
Unfortunately you can't say much to an idiot who has their head up their A_ _ if that is the way they think. But I would challenge them where they got the information they know about flu, colds, pain, medications, etc. unless it was through some sort of awareness. Where did the polio, small pox, chicken pox, measles, malaria, etc. shots come from if it wasn't for awareness to those diseases? What about the areas of diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, etc. and then there is the black plague, black lung, asbestos, etc. if it wasn't for awareness? This one person doesn't seem to understand until we are better aware and know more about what we have, confront, or encounter we can go blindly moving forward into the path of death or the disease. One last thought it wasn't until years after the radiation from the atomic bombs that we learned about the affects of radiation just as well as we are still learning about the affects of Agent Orange. So awareness is keen and the more we are aware of a problem the more we tend to work toward a solution that is the history of the world. I wish you luck trying to get this ostrich to pull their head out. Good luck
6 :
Ignorance is not bliss. It's downright dangerous. What you don't know can and WILL hurt you. So I'd tell them to get their head out of their a**, and take a good look around. They'd change their tune awful fast if it was their grandmother, mother, aunt, cousin, sister or daughter. I'd drag their sorry butt to the nearest Relay For Life and say. "See all the people here with survivors ribbons on their shirts? Not one would be here with out being aware of the symptoms of their cancer." One friend of mine is alive today because she listened to this survivor and went to see her doctor. Another died because he would not listen until I dragged his butt through the ER door.
7 :
I don't like breast cancer awareness. I don't like brain cancer awareness. I do however support the american cancer society who attempts to find a cure for cancer in general. I need to reword that. I do like the awareness programs and think more are needed, but I don't like donating to one specific charity for a certain of cancer....that's what I don't support. I think we should be supporting a cure to cancer period or for that matter all life threatening diseases.



Read more discussions :