Saturday, February 16, 2013

Would you risk skin cancer to avoid breast cancer


Would you risk skin cancer to avoid breast cancer?
Studies have shown that utilizing a tanning salon lowers the risk of breast cancer. It also states that the chance of breast cancer in a person is great than the possible risk of getting skin cancer by going to a tanning salon. Jojo- Thanks for your answer. I thought it sounded a little odd. I do have a family history of breast cancer, and I have already had several lumbs removed when I was 19 that thankfully were not cancer, but even now at 29, I still have check ups every 6 months and a mamo once a year.
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hello, it is not true that tanning salons reduce the risk of breat cancer. breast cancer is commonly due to genetic disorders or oestrogen disorders, and UV light would not have an effect on these levels. However UV light does greatly increase the risk of skin cancer, by producing radicals that damage DNA. In short one should avoid tanning salons to reduce risk of skin cancer. If worried about obtaining breast cancer i would advise regular check ups that your GP can organise, especially if you have a family history. Every 6 months may be appropriate. thats great! breast cancer occurence increases with age also, so make sure you continue to go to your mammogram appointments all the best!
2 :
I would risk skin cancer to avoid breast cancer, but I would only tann on my chest area. That way I would lower the risk of getting skin cancer all over.




Read more discussions :